Rat Poison

For those of you that are interested here is a little story about poison.
If a pet gets rat poison in their system, it depletes their Vitamin K and they start bleeding internally. If not caught in time they will bleed to death.
If it’s caught in time you would take her to your local Veterinarin who would send you to an E.R. Pet Hospital. They would put fluids in through an IV then probably 1 to 3 blood transfusions to keep them alive.If they make it they are sent home with Vitamin K to be fed two times a day for 30 days.
This is a true story, as we (Eula & John Coil & Callie #67) have experienced this. Callie appears to be coming back to normal.

Please, do not put rat poisons outside of the storage units. All animals have to do is walk through it to get it on their paws.

This entry was posted in Featured, General Interest, News. Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to Rat Poison

  1. Suzanne & John Budovec #123 says:

    So very sorry that this happened to you. Thank God that Callie will be OK. Appreciate you sharing your experience.

  2. Anonymous says:

    Glad Callie is feeling much better.

  3. Gwen says:

    Poor Callie. Good to here she’s on the mend.

  4. Anonymous says:

    Just read your story. Not only is this so sad for Calley but your bank account too.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.