URGENT – FIRE WEATHER MESSAGE National Weather Service Medford OR Mon Sep 7
Including Umpqua Basin-Umpqua National Forest
RED FLAG WARNING in effect Monday through Wednesday for strong, gusty east wind with low relative humidity and high fire danger could contribute to a significant spread of new and existing fires.
* Oppressive heat rages on across a large portion of the West with temperatures possibly reaching into the low-100s in our area through the week.
* Wind: East 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 45 mph. (Check for loose items around your rig. Secure your awnings)
* Humidity: As low as 5 percent, with overnight recoveries as low as 15 to 20 percent.
* One less spark, one less wildfire.
* View the hazard area in detail at:https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mfr/HAZARD