Timber Valley’s 2nd Annual Blood Drive is on Thursday, July 2, 10 a.m.- 3 p.m. in the Clubhouse. We currently have a full slate of scheduled donors, and we are now looking for about five back-up donors in case of unexpected open appointments. A sign-up sheet for Stand By Donors is on the sign-up table in the Dining Room.
On the day of the Blood Drive, because of social distancing, registration will be in the Dining Room. (Donations will take place in the Big Room.) Please arrive a few minutes early for your appointment and enter by the back door. Donors will be required to wear face covering or mask. If you do not have one, a mask will be provided to you.
Before Your Donation
Iron is an essential mineral that is needed for healthy blood and is a part of hemoglobin which helps maintain your strength and energy.
You can get iron from the foods you eat. The guide below shows the foods with the most iron to the lowest.
Foods to avoid: Fried foods, butter, mayonnaise, ice cream, chips, cheesecake, fatty meat, duck, gravy, bacon and sausage, cream soups.
Also, remember to …
– Get at least eight hours of sleep the night before your appointment.
– Eat a healthy breakfast or lunch – or both, if you’re donating later in the day.
– Choose to eat lean proteins (lean meat, cheese and yogurt) or complex carbohydrates (bread, cereal and fruit) and avoid fatty foods.
– Drink plenty of non-alcoholic fluids to make sure you’re hydrated.
– Make sure you’re feeling well.
If you have any questions, call Julianne at 509-869-8679.