All Timber Valley members and visitors are invited to all activities in the park.
Christmas Exterior Illumination Party
– 11/29, Wed., 1 p.m. – sign-up sheet, meet at clubhouse. Hot non-alcoholic holiday drinks, cookies. Dar Hoch, coordinator
Trim the Tree & Deck the Halls then Stay for Soup
– 12/1, Friday, decorating begins at 3 p.m. Turkey-Barley Soup begins at 4 p.m., $3. Includes Lighthouse sourdough bread and Pumpkin Pie.
Seasonal music by Helen Schrader (# 70)
Sutherlin’s Toys for Joy Drive, organized by the Sutherlin Fire Department, begins 12/1, with gifts being placed unwrapped under the holiday tree in the Clubhouse.
Pot Luck Dinner – Hosts: George and Trudy Reel (# 113)
– 12/4, Monday, 5:30 p.m. Clubhouse. Everyone invited.
Winter Seminar – # 1 – How to make ‘Quilted Wreaths’ with Sally Hunt (# 61)
– 12/6, Wed., 1-3 p.m. – $5 donation for supplies, Signup sheet in Clubhouse, limit: 12
12/13, Wed., 10:30 a.m. – Sutherlin Fire Department will pick up unwrapped Toys and Gifts at the Clubhouse. Please have all your donated goodies there before 10 a.m.
12/14, Thurs., 5:45 p.m. departure to the Umpqua Valley Festival of Lights . This free bus ride is being coordinated as a Chap. 9 Day Trip in association with the Sutherlin Resource Center’s. Signup in the Clubhouse. Bus leaves from parking lot behind the Sutherlin Senior Center and Library. Questions: Rick DeYoung (# 184)
Winter Seminar – # 2 – ‘Getting through the Holiday Blues’
– 12/15, Fri., 3 p.m. – Guest speaker: Social worker Adam Jones with Compass Behavioral Health, Douglas County Mental Health Program. Adam will discuss why many folks feel a little blah and down during the holidays … and he’ll offer suggestions on what we can do about it. Bring along pot luck snacks to share.
Holiday Cookies for Sutherlin’s Finest –
– 12/20, Wed., 10 a.m. — Each year bakers at Timber Valley provide Cookies for Sutherlin’s Police and Fire Department, and Dial-A-Ride workers. Cookies are due in the Clubhouse by 10 a.m. – Questions? Ask Marlene Sharp (#112), coordinator
‘Christmas Down Under’ Holiday Party – Hosts: Australian Lois and husband Royce Bunch (#159)
– 12/22, Friday, 3 p.m. A special wee taste of Australia. Plus bring along your favorite potluck “hearty” hors d’oeuvres.
– Wear your most Ugly Christmas Sweater.
– There will also be a Gift Exchange ($10 limit). Seasonal Australian music. Holiday tunes by Helen Schrader (# 70).
Christmas Holiday Feast
– 12/25, Monday, 4 p.m.
Timber Valley Cooking Group –Terry & Mike Hilty , coordinating. Baked ham, scalloped potatoes, veggie, dessert, $5 donation. Bring own tableware. Members, family and park visitors are welcome.
No New Year’s Eve Party
New Year’s Day
1/1/18, Monday, 10 a.m. Take down Holiday Decorations. Might watch Rose Parade and College Bowl Games. Bring any leftover potluck snacks. Coffee provided.